Are you looking to offer your employees an additional benefit?
Take a look at the video below which explains Merseyrail’s Corporate Season Ticket Scheme!
Benefits for employers:
- Promotes sustainable travel
- Encourages a healthy lifestyle among staff
- Reduces demand on workplace car parking
- Helps to attract and retain staff
- Free to set-up & manage, dedicated account manager
- 12 months travel for the price of 10
- Fixed price for the year, no hidden extras
- Railpass can be used in leisure time on evenings/weekends
- Skip the ticket queues at the station every morning
- Avoid traffic congestion and busy car parks
1. To request to join the scheme, fill in an application form, which can be downloaded here or supplied by our Business Partnership Manager.
2. We will perform a credit check and set up your new company account. We’ll talk to you about how and when you’d like people to be able to join the scheme, and support you with advertising and copy for your intranet or staff benefits guide.
3. We will then issue you with a travel voucher template, which you'll print onto your company letterhead each time you want to issue a Railpass to an employee. You'll need to send an example to us for our records.
4. Every four weeks, we'll invoice you in full for any Railpasses purchased that month, which your employees will repay you on a monthly basis from their salary.
1. When an employee requests to buy an annual Railpass, first you’ll need to use our Railpass Calculator to work out exactly how much it will cost for their journey.
2. Once costs have been confirmed, you will complete a travel voucher for them using your template, authorise it and issue it to them.
3. Your employee will take their completed authorised voucher to any staffed Merseyrail station, along with a passport photo if they are buying their Railpass for the first time or don’t have a photo ID card, and we will issue the ticket straight away.
1. Once the tickets have been issued, we’ll invoice you in full for them. We’ll do this on a four-weekly basis throughout the year, so you’ll know exactly how much you have invested in the scheme at any point.
2. You'll simply pay us, and deduct the cost from your employee’s salary, as agreed with them.
3. If an employee leaves the company, or their circumstances change, you can return the Railpass to us for a refund. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
1. Merseyrail shall provide a corporate season ticket voucher template to Corporate Clients.
The Company is required to print the template onto corporate letterhead to create a
voucher for any employees wishing to purchase a season ticket through Merseyrail’s
Corporate Season Ticket Scheme.
2. The Company will be invoiced for all vouchers presented to Merseyrail and exchanged for
season tickets. The safe keeping of the template and its use remains the responsibility of the
Company and the Company remains liable for any cost incurred from misuse.
3. All Employee details, including name, address, email address and ticket requirements must
be completed by the Company’s agreed authorised signatory on the voucher.
4. Vouchers can be exchanged for Railpass, Trio or Point to Point season tickets at any staffed
5. The Employee must provide proof of their name and address and a signed passport size
photograph when they are applying for their first season ticket.
6. In the event of a query or discrepancy, Merseyrail will contact the Travel Co-ordinator who is specified on the front of this Agreement. If Merseyrail are unable to resolve the issue the Employee must destroy the voucher template and no ticket may be issued.
7. Merseyrail shall invoice the Company every four weeks for the full value of Tickets issued.
8. All invoices will be paid by the Company within 30 days of the date of the invoice, or interest may be charged at the rate set out in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2013. If payment is not received, Merseyrail reserve the right to stop issuing season tickets.
9. Any personal data transferred as part of the process relating to the Corporate Season Ticket
Scheme will be used solely in accordance with current Data Protection legislation and will
not be disclosed to third parties (without the individual’s prior consent).
10. If an Employee moves or leaves the company, or is no longer eligible for the ticket, it must
be returned to Merseyrail in order for it to be cancelled, unless the Employee opts to
purchase the ticket by paying any outstanding balance to the Company. On cancellation of a
Corporate Season Ticket, a refund will be made to the Company. A £10.00 cancellation fee
will be charged. The discount given for purchasing an annual ticket will be deducted from
the amount refunded. The cost of travel is calculated based on the cost of weekly and
monthly season tickets as appropriate.
11. No variation to these terms and conditions shall be valid and effective unless it is in writing
and signed by both the authorised representative of Merseyrail and the Company.
12. Either party may terminate the Agreement with 2 weeks written notice. The termination
notice needs to be delivered to the registered address. For the avoidance of doubt,
termination of this agreement by either party will not operate to cancel any season tickets
then in issue, on respect of which both parties shall continue to fulfil their obligations to
each other, and the relevant Employee.
13. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
- Contact Joe via email or phone [email protected] / 07739445341
to discuss the travel scheme further. Or simply complete the enquiry form below if you would like further information via email.
- Download the application form below and send it to Joe. Once this has been completed and the necessary checks have been made, we will be in touch to confirm that your company is ready to join.
- Once we have created your travel voucher, we can then come to your offices to talk to your staff about any Railpass queries.