Our people are at the heart of our success and we rely heavily on each and every employee to deliver the best possible experience for our customers. That’s why we believe in rewarding success, and you will see below that we offer an extensive and competitive range of benefits to all employees joining our company.
Such benefits include:
- Staff Travel – Merseyrail Staff Travel inc Transport UK TOC’s and Northern Rail ( whilst reciprocal arrangements are in place)– 75 % National Rail Discounted Travel
- Health shield membership
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice schemes inc Cycle to Work, Home computing, Electric Vehicles
- Access to our Hapi benefits portal entitling you to shopping, lifestyle & holiday discounts
Health and Wellbeing
Employee wellbeing is truly important to us here at Merseyrail, and we aim to ensure quality wellbeing support is offered to all of our staff whenever and wherever it is required. To enable us to do this, we take a proactive rather than reactive approach to wellbeing and absence management and have an active Health & Wellbeing strategy within the business.
Everything we do within the Health & Wellbeing agenda is based around four key health areas: Physical; Mental; Financial; and Social health. We have a suite of support available for staff as well as often running initiatives alongside national health and wellbeing campaigns to ensure that support and awareness around wellbeing is current, interesting and most of all relevant to our employees.
Health & Wellbeing also links closely with our Diversity strategy which are both overseen by the Employee Experience team, as well also linking with the work of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team, Learning & Development (L&D) team and HR Business Partners.
Just some of the support and initiatives we offer are:
- Internal Occupational Health service.
- Internal Physiotherapy service.
- Company level paid cash plan covering optical / dentistry / chiropody services with the option to increase level of cover for general wellbeing, hospital stays and emergency treatment.
- On-site health checks.
- Virtual GP service.
- Free flu-jabs.
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme.
- Discounted local gym memberships.
- Health & Wellbeing Roadshows
- Internal specialist counsellor and psychotherapist.
- 24/7 Employee Confidential Support line (EAP) with online mental wellbeing resources.
- Mindfulness taster sessions and courses.
- Mental Health First Aider support.
- Access to specific mental wellbeing awareness sessions / training.
- Signposting and highlighting specialist local support.
- Rewards and benefits platform with access to 100s of retailer/restaurant discounts.
- Salary sacrifices schemes including Cycle2Work and Computer Scheme.
- Christmas Savings Club.
- Access to a Credit Union.
- Access to rail industry specific charities of support.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) initiatives.
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption gifts.
- Staff networking groups such as our Diversity Forum and LGBTQ+ network.
- Personal development opportunities.
- Employee social events.
- Fundraising opportunities for our Charity of the Year.
- Health & Wellbeing Champion support
- Menopause Champions