From Monday 16 October, changes will be made to the Chester line timetable. This is to improve train performance caused by a series of problems experienced over the last few weeks, including slippery rails caused by leaf-fall, busier trains as a result of the Lime Street upgrade work and infrastructure failures.
Rail Enthusiasts CornerShare
We regard Rail Enthusiasts as "Friends of the Railway" and welcome the interest in our services and rolling stock. When travelling on our network, please observe our bye-laws regarding safety and security, particularly when taking photographs. We would ask any Rail Enthusiast taking photographs for their own personal use to follow the directions of our staff and security staff if asked to do so for the safety and security of all passengers.
- Going close to the platform edge
- Going into areas which are not for public access
- Obstructing any signalling equipment or signs which are vital to the safe running of the railway
- Wearing anything which is similar in colour to safety clothing, such as high-visibility jackets, as this could cause confusion to drivers and other railway employees
- The use of flash photography as this may cause problems for our train drivers and guards and potentially lead to unsafe situations.
Photographers and film crews will need to apply for permission to use any Merseyrail location in advance, both for safety and for operational reasons.
Get a train drivers view of the Wirral line, including fantastic footage of the Mersey tunnel through a new DVD produced by Video 125.
Visit Video 125’s website here to find out how you can own a copy.