COVID-19 Travel AdviceShare
Our services are now for those that need to travel, such as to and from work or school.
In line with government guidance, passengers are advised that social distancing may not always be possible and face coverings must be worn on the Merseyrail network, unless exempt. This will also help to keep the network available and safer for those who really need to use it. Please follow the below advice when travelling us:
- Only travel if you need to, such as to and from work or school
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, unless exempt.
- Use contactless payments where possible
- Avoid peak travel if you can (between 07:00-09:30 and 16:00-18:30)
- Wash or sanitise hands as soon as possible before and after travel
- Follow advice from staff and be considerate to other passengers
- We also urge passengers to help out by keeping up to date with the latest official health advice
From Thursday 5 November, government-issued travel advice states that you should avoid travelling in or out of your local area, and only travel for reasons such as:
- Travelling to work where this cannot be done from home
- Travelling to education
- Travelling for caring responsibilities
- Travelling to hospital/GP and other medical appointments
- Visiting venues that are open, including essential retail
For further information please visit our FAQ page here.
To view our timetables please click here.
To view our travel checklist and your eligibility to travel please click here.