Your brand new trains are on track for 2020 and to get ready for their arrival Phase 4 of the platform upgrade works will start on the Kirkby line on 5 January 2019.
The normal train timetable will run between Kirkdale station and Liverpool, and across the rest of the Merseyrail network. Rail replacement buses will run between Kirkby and Sandhills stations from 5 January to 13 January 2019.
Ticket offices at all Kirkby line stations will still be staffed and Northern (Arriva) trains will run from Kirkby station as usual.
On Sunday 6 and Sunday 13 January, due to additional engineering work, rail replacement buses will also run between:
- Aintree - Liverpool Central (St George’s Hall)
- Seaforth & Litherland - Liverpool Central (St George’s Hall)
Below you will find the full rail replacement bus timetables with rail connections so that you can plan your journey.
Kirkby to Liverpool Timetables
Monday - Saturday
Liverpool to Kirkby Timetables
Monday to Saturday
Our usual arrangements to support customers that need assistance to travel will remain in place during the works.
We would encourage all customers who require assistance to contact us in advance so that we can offer the level of support needed where possible.
Ideally 24 hours’ notice is required, however we understand this may not always be possible and will work hard to ensure you can complete your journey with us.
To make arrangements call 0800 0277 347 (Freephone) or 0151 555 1111, Monday to Friday from 07:00 until 19:00.
If you are travelling outside these hours or at weekends, please call 0151 702 2704.
Further travel advice
Please plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey. Journeys may take longer especially at peak times.
Please note that bikes cannot be taken on rail replacement buses, and prams and pushchairs
must be folded (with the exception of folding bikes).
For live travel updates:
- Visit the Merseyrail homepage
- Follow us on Twitter @merseyrail. Merseyrail’s Twitter channel is staffed from 06:00 to 23:30, Monday to Saturday and from 10:00 to 18:00 on Sundays.
- Download the Merseyrail app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Call the Merseyrail Customer Relations Team on 0151 555 1111. Open 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Friday.
- Speak to a member of staff at any staffed Merseyrail station. Staff will still be available at all Kirkby line stations during the work.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest travel information and sign up to our enewsletter at merseyrail.org/newsletter
This programme of works is about getting the Merseyrail network ready for the arrival of our new groundbreaking trains. View images and FAQs for the new trains here.Read more New Trains
Your Frequently Asked Questions
What are platform upgrade works and why can't they be done overnight? Your frequently asked questions are answered here.Read more Your Frequently Asked Questions