Your brand new trains are on track for 2020 and to get ready for their arrival Phase 10 of the platform upgrade work will start at Overpool station on 27 April 2019.
Due to the works Platform 1 at Overpool station will be closed from Saturday 27 April - Saturday 15 June .
During this time trains from Liverpool will not stop at Overpool.
Passengers travelling to Overpool from Liverpool are advised to travel to Ellesmere Port and remain on the train until it returns to Overpool.
Passengers travelling to Ellesmere Port from Overpool should board any from train from Overpool towards Liverpool and change onto a Ellesmere Port bound train at Little Sutton.
Please plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey.
For live travel updates:
- Visit the Merseyrail homepage
- Follow us on Twitter @merseyrail. Merseyrail’s Twitter channel is staffed from 06:00 to 23:30, Monday to Saturday and from 10:00 to 18:00 on Sundays.
- Download the Merseyrail app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Call the Merseyrail Customer Relations Team on 0151 555 1111. Open 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Friday.
- Speak to a member of staff at any staffed Merseyrail station. Staff will still be available at stations during the work.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest travel information and sign up to our enewsletter at merseyrail.org/newsletter