In preparation for your brand new trains, the next phase of platform upgrade works will take place on the Kirkby line between 7 September and 15 September 2019.
- Between Monday and Saturday rail replacement buses will run between Kirkby and Sandhills calling at all stations.
- On Sundays rail replacement buses will run between Kirkby and Moorfields stations.
- From Monday 16 September a normal train service will run on this line calling at all stations.
- Ticket offices at all Kirkby line stations will still be staffed.
- Northern (Arriva) trains will run from Kirkby station as usual.
Below you will find the full rail replacement bus timetables with rail connections so that you can plan your journey.
Monday - Saturday Timetables
Our usual arrangements to support customers that need assistance to travel will remain in place during the works.
We would encourage all customers who require assistance to contact us in advance so that we can offer the level of support needed where possible.
Ideally 24 hours’ notice is required, however we understand this may not always be possible and will work hard to ensure you can complete your journey with us.
To make arrangements call 0800 0277 347 (Freephone) or 0151 555 1111, Monday to Friday from 07:00 until 19:00.
If you are travelling outside these hours or at weekends, please call 0151 702 2704.
Further travel advice
Please plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey. Journeys may take longer especially at peak times.
Please note that bikes cannot be taken on rail replacement buses, and prams and pushchairs
must be folded (with the exception of folding bikes).
For live travel updates:
- Visit the Merseyrail homepage
- Follow us on Twitter @merseyrail. Merseyrail’s Twitter channel is staffed from 06:00 to 23:30, Monday to Saturday and from 10:00 to 18:00 on Sundays.
- Download the Merseyrail app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Call the Merseyrail Customer Relations Team on 0151 555 1111. Open 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Friday.
- Speak to a member of staff at any staffed Merseyrail station. Staff will still be available at all Kirkby line stations during the work.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest travel information and sign up to our enewsletter at merseyrail.org/newsletter
This programme of works is about getting the Merseyrail network ready for the arrival of our new groundbreaking trains. View images and FAQs for the new trains here.Read more New Trains
What's Happening - Overview
Details of all of the dates and affected stations for the next phase of Platform Upgrade Works.Read more What's Happening - Overview