In preparation for your brand new trains, the next phase of platform upgrade works will take place on the Chester line between 14 October and 19 October 2019.
- Rail replacement buses will run between Chester and Hooton, calling at all stations.
- Chester line trains will run as far as Bache station until approximately 19:30. After 19:30 all trains will run to Ellesmere Port.
- Passengers are advised to change between rail replacement bus and train services at Hooton station where there are more regular trains running to and from Liverpool.
Please note that Capenhurst and Bache stations are unstaffed.
Monday - Saturday
Chester to Hooton rail replacement bus timetable.
*The 23:00 from Chester will run to Liverpool Central (St George’s Hall) calling at all stations, as a drop off service only.
Hooton to Chester rail replacement bus timetable.
Please note: Trains running between Liverpool and Hooton will run to the normal Autumn train timetable.
Additional Engineering Work
To prepare for the Chester line platform upgrade works additional engineering work will take place on Sunday 13 & 20 October.
- A rail replacement bus service will run between Birkenhead Central and Chester stations.
- A rail replacement bus service will also run between Birkenhead Central and Ellesmere Port stations.
3 and 6 car changes
Due to the platform upgrade works taking place between Chester and Hooton from 14 to 19 October, all services to and from Bache will run as three cars.
In addition to this, during the morning the 07:37 & 08:07 services from Ellesmere Port will now run as six cars, as will the 16:18, 17:18 & 17:48 from Moorfields to Ellesmere Port in the evening. Please click here for more information.
Our usual arrangements to support customers that need assistance to travel will remain in place during the works.
We would encourage all customers who require assistance to contact us in advance so that we can offer the level of support needed where possible.
Ideally 24 hours’ notice is required, however we understand this may not always be possible and will work hard to ensure you can complete your journey with us.
To make arrangements call 0800 0277 347 (Freephone) or 0151 555 1111, Monday to Friday from 07:00 until 19:00.
If you are travelling outside these hours or at weekends, please call 0151 702 2704.
Further travel advice
Please plan ahead and allow extra time for your journey. Journeys may take longer especially at peak times.
Please note that bikes cannot be taken on rail replacement buses, and prams and pushchairs
must be folded (with the exception of folding bikes).
For live travel updates:
- Visit the Merseyrail homepage
- Follow us on Twitter @merseyrail. Merseyrail’s Twitter channel is staffed from 06:00 to 23:30, Monday to Saturday and from 10:00 to 18:00 on Sundays.
- Download the Merseyrail app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Call the Merseyrail Customer Relations Team on 0151 555 1111. Open 07:00 to 19:00, Monday to Friday.
- Speak to a member of staff at any staffed Merseyrail station.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest travel information and sign up to our enewsletter at merseyrail.org/newsletter