Ready when you areShare
However quickly you ease out of lockdown, we are ready when you are.
Whether it’s a summer adventure, day out with the kids, shopping trip or evening treat, make the most of every summer moment with Merseyrail.
Where can you go?
With holidays abroad still difficult we're lucky to have so many great destinations just a short train ride away. You can find stunning beaches on both sides of the Mersey, Liverpool city centre is bustling with activity and beautiful Chester is open to visitors again.
We've all spent a long long time stuck at home and doing the same local walks in the last 12 months, click below for inspiration for new places to visit and support the region as our local businesses start to re-open.
We've got just the ticket
- Day Saver – unlimited Off-Peak travel* for £5.50. Buy online now
- Family ticket - £13 for a family of up to 5 and children under 5 travel free! Buy from your nearest station.
- Flexi-ticket - 3 return journeys valid for travel over 7 days. Buy from your nearest station.
*Day Saver tickets are valid for travel on the Merseyrail network only, excluding peak hours 06.31 - 09.29 Monday - Friday. Outside of these hours, including all day weekends and Bank Holidays you can hop on and off the train as much as you want with a Day Saver!
What we're doing so that you can travel with confidence
A number of new measures are in place to ensure that your journey is as safe as possible, including:
- Extra cleaning on trains and stations
- Staff are wearing face coverings. In crowded places, wear a face covering out of respect for others unless exempt.
- Contactless payment options
- More train capacity where we can
Latest train timetables
Trains are running every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday until 19:30 across the network with the exception of the Ellesmere Port line which will continue to operate a 30-minute service all day.
After 19:30 a 30-minute service will run across the network. There will also be a 30-minute service in operation on Sundays. We are running as many 6 car trains as possible, prioritising the busiest lines.
The quickest way to check train times for your journey is to use the Merseyrail journey planner. Alternatively, click here to view the full timetables.