Due to an increase in staff availability, as the number of new COVID-19 cases continue to fall nationally, we will be able to increase services across our network from Sunday 14 March.
Trains will run every 20 minutes Monday to Saturday until 19:30 across the network with the exception of the Ellesmere Port line which will continue to operate a 30-minute service all day.
After 19:30 a 30-minute service will run across the network. There will also be a 30-minute service in operation on Sundays.
The latest government update is that by following travel advice we can all travel with confidence. You are now able to travel on our network to visit outdoor destinations, hospitality, friends and families’ gardens and to go shopping.
Please see the latest advice below and click here to see what has changed at Merseyrail to keep your journey as safe as possible.
As we progress through the government's road map for the easing of lockdown this travel advice will be updated. Please check back for the latest update before you travel.
To read the complete government advice on travel in England click here.
If you are travelling please follow the government-issued travel advice below:
- Avoid peak travel if you can (between 07:00-09.30 and 16:00-18:30)
- Allow extra time for your journey
- Face coverings must be worn at all times at stations or on trains, unless exempt. Maximum fines of £6,400 can be issued by British Transport Police for those refusing to comply
- Use contactless payments where possible
- Wash or sanitise hands as soon as possible before and after travel
- Remain seated where you can
- Maintain social distancing where possible
- Follow advice from staff and be considerate to other passengers
- Do not use public transport if you, or a member of your household, has COVID-19 symptoms or you have been instructed to self-isolate.
- Aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
Monday to Saturday Timetables
West Kirby line
Liverpool to West Kirby
West Kirby to Liverpool
New Brighton line
Liverpool to New Brighton
New Brighton to Liverpool
Chester & Ellesmere Port lines
Please Note: Trains shaded in grey only run Monday to Friday