Proposed New Railway Station for Maghull North
Station & Service Updates
Maghull North will see major investment at School Lane, Maghull for a new railway station on the Liverpool to Ormskirk branch of the Merseyrail Northern Line.
The development is an example of Merseytravel’s Long Term Rail Strategy being put into action – a 30 year vision to improve connections within the Liverpool City Region and beyond. This, in turn, fits with plans to improve connections across the whole of the north. The scheme also forms part of the wider £340m investment by Network Rail and the Liverpool City Region in rail improvements over the next three years.
A planning application has been submitted to Sefton Council and will be determined in early 2017. The new station will include:
- Staffed station building with ticket office and multi-level platform.
- Lifts and steps to each platform via a pedestrian footbridge from the station building.
- 156 space car park with blue badge and motor cycle parking and cycle storage.
- Customer Information Screens with real time running in the station building and on the platforms.
- Pedestrian and cycle routes from School Lane and Park Lane to the station building, along with bus stops on School Lane.
- Passenger waiting facilities on platform.
- Passenger toilet facility.
- Step-free access to, from and between both platforms and the station building.
- Future provision for electric vehicle charging points.
Vehicle access to the station will be via the new road off School Lane called Goldcrest Road. Pedestrian and cycle access will also be from School Lane and Park Lane. The detailed proposed site plan can be accessed here.
All feedback and thoughts on the scheme are welcome. Please note all images are for illustrative purposes only.