From Monday 18 May, Merseyrail will be increasing services on the network, including reinstating some services before 07:00 and after 19:00, Monday – Saturday. Services will continue to run between approximately 08:00 – 20:00 on Sundays.
Merseyrail has been awarded 93 per cent, the highest overall score among all franchised rail operators in the latest National Rail Passenger Survey (autumn 2015) released today. This figure is ten percentage points above the national average and our joint best overall satisfaction score for the autumn.
These encouraging results are thanks to our partnership with Merseytravel and the hard work of our staff to improve the customer experience.
Managing Director of Merseyrail
- 69 per cent of people polled said they were satisfied with value for money of ticket prices. This is the best score in the country and more than 20 percentage points above the national average.
- We achieved 93 per cent, for punctuality/reliability, the joint highest score and 15 percentage points above the national average.
- Our scores for the five over-arching measures of satisfaction were the highest nationally, as well.
The bi-annual survey is conducted by independent consumer watchdog, Transport Focus, and is a respected industry barometer.
- Overall satisfaction with the train jumped seven percentage points to 93 per cent.
- Provision of information about train times and platforms rose three percentage points to 92 per cent.
- Upkeep and repair of trains increased by 14 percentage points to 87 per cent.
* These scores are vs autumn 2014
Jan Chaudhry-van der Velde, Managing Director of Merseyrail, commented: ‘These encouraging results are thanks to our partnership with Merseytravel and the hard work of our staff to improve the customer experience. As we enter the second half of the concession, we will continue to invest in the network and make further enhancements throughout.’
Cllr Liam Robinson, chair of Merseytravel, added: ‘It's great to see that customer satisfaction for Merseyrail has been rated the highest in the country, which we believe reflects the success of our local management of the concession. With Merseyrail, we can develop services that meet local need, encompassing planning a network for the future, being responsive and getting people to and from big events safely and efficiently.
‘While we're really pleased by the results, we're not going to rest on our laurels. We'll continue to work together to improve rail services and to encourage more people to take advantage of one of the best performing networks in the country.’