A group of up and coming local musicians will take to the stage at Liverpool Central this Friday 26 July for Merseyrail Sound Station Live.
The event is the culmination of the current semester of Merseyrail’s innovative music development project and will see nine of the region’s best rising artists play throughout the day in the station.
From 3pm commuters and music fans alike will be able to experience the future sounds of Liverpool with mini sets taking place all afternoon and into the evening on an amplified festival stage.
Friday’s event will be honest by Amazing Radio’s Shell Zenner and features a dazzling array of musical genres.
Merseyrail Sound Station provides extensive development sessions and mentoring to musicians showing promise in all areas of the Merseyside music scene.
The programme is designed by Merseyrail and Bido Lito! to provide a quality development programme for a wide variety of musicians based in the region.
Artists performing are:
- THE BLURRED SUN BAND - The day will kick off with the wayward strains of this psychedelic jazz ensemble. A very active band playing across the region, The Blurred Sun Band will be playing a headline set at Seel Street venue Phase One later on in the evening.
- AMBER JAY - Having benefitted from the wisdom of Sound Station mentors and special industry guests, Amber is releasing her debut EP Her Time Has Come very soon.
- ANA MAE - Dream pop singer songwriter Ana Mae’s debut single That I Would Do is a 60s beat-infused gem. Real name Lara Boundy, the artist is part of Liverpool’s Eggy Records scene based out of Sound Food and Drink.
- MICHAEL ALDAG - Seventeen-year-old Michael is quickly winning many fans having been given a platform with the Levi’s Music Project earlier in the year. The Wirral teenager combines classic songwriting with hip-hop production.
- LYDIAH - Recently named as a LIMF Academy Most Ready Artist, Lydiah has a busy weekend in store as she’ll be performing her haunting alternative folk tracks in Sefton Park on the Sunday.
- BORTH - Wirral performer Daniel Wright familiarised himself with the Sound Station programme having collaborated with Podge, a fast-rising artist who featured in a previous semester of the project. Borth brings his bedroom-honed indie pop to Central as one of his first solo gigs.
- BEN BURKE - South Liverpool musician Ben has had an exciting start to his career with a gig in a Madrid fan park before Liverpool’s Champions League triumph attracting 50,000 football fans. Expect classic Liverpool songwriting from this future star.
- TÏERNY - Expect what the artist labels baroquetronica from Blackpool-native Tïerny. The solo artist was attracted to Liverpool for its buoyant music scene and marked her intentions with the brilliant track Solid Ground released earlier this year.
- GEN AND THE DEGENERATES - Gen and her band deal in raucous rock ‘n’ roll and will be rounding up Sound Station’s activity at Central on Friday.
Merseyrail Commercial Director Suzanne Grant said: “We are very proud to be part of such an innovative project with Bido Lito!, supporting the next generation of musicians in Liverpool.
“Our city is built on its musical history, and our commitment to developing these artists has seen participants hugely benefit from the programme in previous years.
“I’m sure the same will happen for this year’s musicians and I looking forward to watching them showcase their talents at Liverpool Central this Friday.”
Sam Turner, Media Partnerships & Projects Manager at Bido Lito!, said: “We’re really pleased at how Sound Station has grown over the past year and the quality of artist in the latest semester has been fantastic.
“The event at Central will be a great showcase of some really talented artists working in diverse genres from our region.
“The artists in semester three have been really enthusiastic and grasped the opportunities the project has provided them with both hands. Beyond Merseyrail Sound Station Live, I’m really looking forward to seeing what these musicians achieve going forward.”
If you know someone who you think would benefit from Merseyrail Sound Station, applications open for semester four on 22nd August. You can follow Sound Station across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Find more information at www.merseyrailsoundstation.com.