We are incredibly proud of the Merseyrail network and its consistently high scores for customer satisfaction, reliability and value for money. This is both testament to the local management of the rail network and Merseyrail's dedicated staff.
Chair of Merseytravel
Merseyrail has once again achieved the highest score among regional operators in the National Rail Passenger Surveypublished today, securing 90 per cent for overall satisfaction. This is five percentage points above the regional average and ten percentage points above the average score for national operators.
Thebi-annual survey is conducted by independent consumer watchdog, Transport Focus, and is a respected industry barometer.
- Merseyrail achieved 91 per cent for punctuality and reliability, which is the highest score among franchised operators.
- Merseyrail customers were the happiest in the country for value for money for the price of a ticket, scoring 74 per cent, compared with a regional average of 61 per cent.
- 95 per cent of people polled were satisfied with the frequency of trains on the route, a slight increase on spring 2015.
- *Scores for overall satisfaction with both stations and trains jumped by two percentage points to 89 and 88 per cent respectively.
- *Scores for train cleanliness, inside and outside of the train, both saw a hike of six percentage points, following the internal and external refresh of the fleet.
*These scores are vs spring 2015 results
Jan Chaudhry-van der Velde, Merseyrail’s managing director, commented: ‘We’ve seen some promising results both for stations and trains this time, but one of our main stations, Moorfields, serving Liverpool’s business district, has been undergoing refurbishment this year, and this is likely to have affected our scores. With extensive track renewal work planned on the Wirral line next year, we will work especially hard with partners, Merseytravel and Network Rail to provide a high quality of service to our customers in the local region, enabling them to make their journeys as smoothly as possible.’
Said Liam Robinson, chair of Merseytravel: ‘We are incredibly proud of the Merseyrail network and its consistently high scores for customer satisfaction, reliability and value for money. This is both testament to the local management of the rail network and Merseyrail's dedicated staff.
‘Merseyrail is central to our long term rail strategy and through new trains, new and revamped stations and potential network expansion, customers and the city region can only benefit further.’