With miles of golden sand and the iconic pier, Southport is the perfect place for a day out.
Leave the hustle and bustle of the town behind, and take a stroll along the country's second longest pier with nothing but coastal views and the peace, tranquility and relaxation this brings.
If you are looking for a place to take the family without breaking the bank, then Southport Beach has all you need for a truly memorable day out. So whether you want to build sandcastles, fly a kite, play with a beach ball or paddle in the safe bathing water, be sure that you won’t be disappointed with a trip to the beach.
What's more, there are family friendly restaurants at Ocean Plaza on the seafront, including Nandos, Frankie & Benny's and Chiquitos. If the British rain makes a sudden appearance, don't worry because Ocean Plaza is also home to a Vue cinema, Premier Bowl & Laser and Playtown, a bright indoor soft play centre.
Heading to the coast today?
Don’t forget your beach basics - to keep us all safe and the stunning Sefton coastline looking clean and beautiful:
- Use the bins – Sefton Council have put larger bins & skips at busy locations for your use. If a bin is full, pop your litter in a bag, then please take it home and recycle where you can.
- Remember BBQs & fires are not allowed anywhere at the coast.
- Please respect this precious landscape, it is home to many rare plants and animals!
To find out more about Sefton Council managed beaches, visit www.sefton.gov.uk/beaches
Southport is a lifeguarded beach but it's important to follow key safety advice:
- Check tide times and only swim within the yellow and red RNLI flags.
- Be aware of soft mud. If you get into difficulty and can't see the lifeguard call 999 and ask for the Coastguard.
- If you get into trouble in the water lie on your back and relax, resisting the urge to thrash about. If possible raise your hand and shout for help.