Important Travel Information
The biggest changes during the work will be to cross-river journeys.
There will also be changes on all Wirral lines:
- Trains will not run around the loop line.
- If you travel on the New Brighton or West Kirby lines, trains will run every 30 minutes. Six car trains will run when possible to maintain the number of seats available.
- Small timetable alterations will be made on the Chester and Ellesmere Port lines. Ellesmere Port services will start and terminate at Hooton at certain times.
To minimise the impact work has on your journey:
- Express rail replacement buses will run directly between Birkenhead and Liverpool providing a speedy service.
- Work will be partially suspended for the Grand National Festival, Easter and May bank holidays.
- Valid cross-river rail tickets will be accepted on all Mersey Ferries.
- In Liverpool city centre, valid rail tickets will be accepted on the 10A bus service.
- Cross-river bus services will be strengthened.
- A dedicated social media team will provide up to the minute travel information. At stations, staff will ensure you catch rail replacement services as quickly as possible.
- Passengers with special transport needs will be assisted.
For more details on the travel options - Mersey Ferries and cross-river buses visit www.merseytravel.gov.uk/trackrenewal
Please consider this advice when planning your journey:
- Do not drive at peak times, the Mersey tunnels and surrounding roads can accomodate additional buses but will not cope with an increase in cars without causing significant congestion.
- Leave more time for your journey and avoid travelling at peak times when possible.
- Speak to your employer about whether there is flexibility in working times or arrangements. Or you could make the most of restaurants, shops and leisure activities before you travel.
Northern line services will not be affected by Wirral loop line track renewal.
As well as finding all of the information for planning your journey during Wirral loop line track renewal on the website, you can also download the Passenger Information Booklet here.
Important Travel Advice
Key things you need to know about Wirral loop line track renewalRead more Important Travel Advice
Phase 1 Travel Information
Tuesday 3 January to Sunday 12 February 2017Read more Phase 1 Travel Information
Travelling on the New Brighton & West Kirby Lines
If you travel on the New Brighton and West Kirby lines, there will be timetable alterations and a 30 minute service will run.Read more Travelling on the New Brighton & West Kirby Lines
Travelling on the Chester & Ellesmere Port Lines
Ellesmere Port trains will start and terminate at Hooton at certain times.Read more Travelling on the Chester & Ellesmere Port Lines