Moorfields Station RefurbishmentShare
Moorfields Northern Line Platform 2 is now open.
All train services will once again stop at Moorfields from Saturday 23 July.
The re-opening of Moorfields platform 2 marks the completion of the Moorfields platform refurbishment work. You will experience improved platform and tunnel areas, lighting and better travel information, giving you a brighter and altogether more enjoyable travel experience.
Improvement works will continue in other areas of the station until the end of the year along with the escalator refurbishment programme which will continue at Moorfields station throughout 2016.
We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Merseyrail during the refurbishment.
Escalator Refurbishment Programme
As part of the next phase of refurbishment work at Moorfields, nine of the station’s escalators are being replaced, improving their reliability and lifespan. Work will continue throughout 2016.
Further help and contact information
For more information or to ask a question about the Moorfields refurbishment you can:
- Download the Merseyrail app from The App Store or Google Play for up to the minute train and live departure information.
- Follow us on twitter @Merseyrail
- Call Traveline on 0151 236 7676 (open 08:00 to 20:00 seven days a week)
- Speak to a member of Merseyrail staff or use the station help point.
- Assisted Travel - If you require assistance at one of our stations, please contact our Mobility Helpline at least one hour before you travel. Call 0800 0277 347 (freephone) or 0151 555 1111, Monday to Friday from 07:00 until 19:00. If you would like to arrange travel outside of these hours or at weekends please call 0151 702 2704.