We want to ensure that your journey with us is a safe one. Please take a few minutes of your time to read this advice, which covers many aspects of your journey.
- Never take luggage trolleys, prams, bikes or dogs on the escalators. Pushchairs should be folded and carried. Station lifts should be used to carry these items, as well as any heavy luggage.
- Keep to the right, facing forward and keep your hand on top of the handrail. Do not touch the sides of the escalator below the handrail. Keep your feet away from the sides.
- Do not run or push passed people on the escalators, you could cause injury to yourself and others.
- Always carry small children or hold them by the hand.
- Take care when stepping on and off the escalators.
- If you need assistance when using the escalators, please ask a member of our staff.
On The Platform
- Never run on platforms, always walk.
- Ensure that you and any children in your care stand well back from the platform edge and behind yellow lines.
- Remember not all trains may stop at your platform. From time to time some trains pass through stations without stopping, so keep a hold of children, pushchairs and other belongings.
- Never attempt to retrieve articles dropped onto the railway line or between the platform and train. Advise a member of staff or use the help points.
- If you have any concerns regarding your safety during any part of your journey, please contact a member of staff or use the help points.
Boarding and Alighting From Trains
- Ensure that you are on the platform in plenty of time before your train is due to depart.
- Be ready to board and alight from your train in plenty of time (do not board the train if you are not travelling).
- A door-closing alarm sounds when the doors are about to close (a high-pitched beeping noise).
- Do not attempt to board or alight whilst this alarm is sounding.
- Let passengers off before you board.
- Mind the gap! Platform heights can vary from station to station. Please take care
On The Train
- Merseyrail operate a smoke-free policy on all of our trains and sub-surface stations, this includes waiting shelters on platforms.
- Do not store oversize / heavy luggage in the overhead shelf. Such items could fall during the journey, causing injury to you or another passenger.
- Keep aisle clear of luggage.
- Do not stand near the train doors. You could cause an obstruction, or an accident when the doors open or close.
- When using a lift please stand clear of the doors when opening/closing.
- Ensure that any children in your care do not have hands on or near the doors when they are opening/closing.
Tickets & PassesWhat Ticket Suits You?
Take a look at all the different types of tickets we have to offer.
Rate UsTell us your opinion
We're always happy to hear your thoughts and receive feedback.